Peels are effective in improving sun damage, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, fine lines, skin tone and texture.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a professional solution applied to the skin to help peel away damaged skin while stimilating the skin’s renewal process to reduce hyperpigmentation, acne, fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dullness, age spots, sun damage and melasma.
Chemical peels also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin so the skin grows back smoother and plump.
What results will I see?
A Peel is designed to refine skin texture damaged by environmental factors and skin conditions such as acne. The procedure assists in smoothing fine lines and evening out skin discoloration. It improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of acne scars and environmental damage to the skin. With each additional Peel procedure, you will notice incremental improvements in the overall appearance of the skin.
How many treatments do clients need?
For maximum results, often several treatments are required 2-4 weeks apart depending on the extent of condition being treated.
Will clients experience any downtime?
The amount of flaking or peeling will depend on the type and depth of the peel and the condition of the skin. For approximately one week following the procedure, the skin will undergo a renewal process, lightly shedding its dead outer layer. Depending on the skin, clients may or may not experience peeling. If peeling occurs, it usually begins three to five days following the treatment and lasts for approximately three days. In addition, clients may experience mild itching, dryness and redness.
How long does the treatment take?
Clients will need to be in the clinic for about 45-60 minutes.
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Active Herpes simplex/cold sores/ fever blisters or a history thereof unless taking an antiviral medication.
- Severe cold or flu symptoms
- Allergy to Resorcinol or Salicylic Acid (Aspirin)
- Milk Allergy
- Open wounds or lesions
- Accutane for the past 6-12 months
- Sunburn, allergy, use of tanning bed
- Cancer or patients using chemotherapy drugs, patients undergoing radiation and patients with an autoimmune disease.
- No retinol products 1 week prior to peels
- No waxing 1 week before or after peels
- No sun exposure 1 week before or after peels
- A pigment inhibitor is recommended/required for all ethnic skin or Fitzpatrick 4 or higher.
- No sweating for 48-96 hours after peel
- “Sun Alert”: Because these products may make your skin more sensitive to the sun, be certain you have adequate sunscreen protection against UVA and UVB rays while using this product and for at least a month after you discontinue. This includes during cloudy days and during the winter months.
- The use of this product is for trained professionals only.
- If you are unsure about your allergy issues, always check with a health care professional before applying skin care products.
- No depilatory creams or facial wax to be used 7 days prior to peeling.
- May cause stinging, peeling, flaking, irritation, pruritus, erythema and mild edema.
- Do not combine our peeling with other modalities.
- Client should not pick, scratch or scrub at the skin which could predispose to infection
At My Perfect Skin Clinic, we offer a wide variety of chemical peels to best meet your skin’s needs and reveal radiant, glowing, youthful skin. See below or we can discuss your options during your visit.
Lactic Peel – $75-$125
25 or 45 minutes
(Reg. $130) Minimal flaking. A hydrating, gentle peel which is safe while pregnant or nursing. *Can book as Express or Essential Facial
SkinBetter Glycolic Peel – $125
(Reg. $155) Minimal to no flaking. Ideal for fine lines and anti-aging, this spicy peel contains Glycolic, Lactic and Salicylic Acids. Improves overall appearance of skin tone and texture for patients with moderate photodamage.
Vi Peels – $225
(Reg. $250-$300) Moderate to significant peeling. Choose from five different medium depth peels designed to lift pigment from melasma, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring, decrease fine lines and wrinkles. Ingredients can include: TCA, Retinoic, Salicylic, Phenol, Vitamin C, Kojic, Hydrocortisone, Hydroquinone and Benzoyl Peroxide. Safe for all skin tones.
TCA Blend Peels – $75-$125
25 or 45 minutes
(Reg. $130) Mild to Moderate flaking. For even-toned, glowing and clear skin. Reduces pigmentation from acne and sun damage, improves acne congestion, improves fine lines and skin texture. This micro peel is offered in 4 different levels or strengths. Contains TCA, Mandelic, Lactic, Kojic and Azaleic Acids. *Can book as Express or Essential Facial
**Requires pre-prep and regular use of pigment inhibitor products like our Mandelic Serum**
My Perfect Skin Peel – $175
(Reg. $250-$300) Moderate to significant peeling. This is a medium depth medical peel designed to lift pigment from melasma, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring, decrease fine lines and wrinkles. Generally, more than one peel is needed for best results. Very similar to Vi Peel and same ingredients as the Perfect DermaPeel: Glutathione, Kojic Acid, TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid), Phenol, Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C and Retinoic Acid. Safe for all skin tones.