Cystic hormonal acne is a severe problem. Not every pimple is alike, and they do not require the same treatment. Cystic acne breakouts are painful, stubborn bumps that tend to hang around for months. They usually do not respond to over the counter acne creams. Hormonal acne is adult-onset female acne. They are always cystic and inflammatory. Painful red pimples and deep cysts appear on the lower face. It leaves a long-term scar, especially when they are popped out.Hormonal acne occurs on the lower face and body. The decrease in reproductive hormones can cause hormonal acne.
A licensed aesthetician provides a thorough analysis, recommends appropriate products and offers other treatments. In addition, aestheticians assist in giving complementary therapies; they are skilled in spotting the early signs of various skin disorders. Aestheticians also provide skin care therapies like deep pore cleaning, extractions, and chemical peels. They use high-tech machines to provide these services to those who seek them.
How to Treat Cystic Hormonal Acne
Some lifestyle changes can help in cystic acne treatments. However, hormonal acne breakouts come from an imbalance of hormones in the body, so it is essential to solve the root cause of the acne. These are some of the tips to help treat hormonal acne.
- Run a hormone test to make sure the hormone levels are stable. The hormonal balances fluctuate during the menstrual cycle leading to an outbreak of acne. The best acne medicine is benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl kills the bacteria and clears the pores in the long term. This antimicrobial medicine is so effective that it wipes out acne-causing bacteria and keeps pimples from returning.
- Consuming dairy can worsen acne. Dairy products stimulate the production of testosterone which heightens acne. Dairy contains its hormone, estrogen, which spikes the hormonal balance in the body. Stop taking dairy products. Foods high in sugar also add to the problem. Try to avoid refined flour, sweets, and processed carbohydrates, says the dermatologist. The refined carbs increase the insulin in the body, which causes a hormonal cascade, thereby increasing inflammation and oil production.
- Salicylic acid is the best product to unclog the pores and reduce inflammation. Benzac can be used for hormonal acne; moreover, it is very effective in cleaning the pores and exfoliating the skin. It also contains east Indian sandalwood oil, which is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory without causing dryness or any harm to the skin.
- Stress acts as a trigger to release many hormones in our body. Inflammation leads to significant and deep red cystic pimples. If inflammation is reduced, the pimples can be gone in days.
- Keeping yourself hydrated and reducing stress are crucial in a skincare regime. Exercise nourishes the skin cells and keeps them healthy as it increases blood flow. Some lifestyle changes should be made to have clear, radiant skin. Sleep fights the stress problem and maintains the hormonal functions of the overall body. Additionally, water intake should be followed with a quality probiotic.
A skilled aesthetician is required to have a state-mandated license and training. The acne treatment offers a holistic approach to looking after the specific type of acne and provides you with a customized plan to suit your unique skin care. With the right program, research-based information, and the support of dedicated and compassionate experts, you can have clear, healthy, and radiant skin.